This report documents the career outcomes for students who graduated Burlington Code Academy’s Software Development Bootcamp between January 1st – June 30th, 2020. Data in this report was collected via interviews and surveys with graduates.
Of the 100% of students who completed the software development bootcamp, 64.7% determined that they were seeking in-field employment within 180 days of graduation. 35.3% did not intend to seek in-field employment for reasons including: continuing to further education, attended the course for self-enrichment, or other personal reasons.
Employment Outcomes: 91% Placement Rate
Of the 64.7% of graduates who determined that they were career seeking, 91% of them gained employment with 180 days of graduation:
- 54.5% obtained full-time employment.
- 18.2% received a Short-term contract, part-time position, or freelance position.
- 18.2% reported starting a new company or venture after graduation.
- 9.1% reported that they were still seeking a job within 180 days of graduating.
Compensation: 39.7% Average Increase in Wages
- 70.5% of graduates reported pre-bootcamp wages, and of the graduates who obtained employment, 80% of them reported their starting wages.
- Employed graduates saw $50,798 as the average starting annual compensation.
- Compared to their pre-bootcamp wages, grads saw a 39.7% average increase in wages or $14,434 average wage increase.
Time Until Placement
Over 54% of BCA grads reported finding employment within the first two months of their career search.
Time it took for graduates to find employment:
|Between 0-30 Days||36.3%|
|Between 31-60 Days||18.1%|
|Between 61-90 Days||9.0%|
|Between 91-180 Days||27.2%|
|After 180+ Days||9.0%|
Types of Jobs BCA Graduates are Landing
Here are the most common roles BCA graduates get:
- Web developer: 30%
- Software support specialist or related role: 30%
- Programmer or software engineer: 20%
- Entrepreneur or starting new business: 20%
If you are interested in learning more about these career outcomes, or how you can jump into a new career like the graduates in this report, we encourage you to:
apply today or;